Just to update Ms. Conduct's post from below, Anton Khodobin has officially been recalled to Minnesota on an emergency basis because of Niklas Backstrom's lower body injury. However, as Russo says over at his rants, both Backstrom and Josh Harding skated for the Wild in practice today, so he's expecting Backstrom to play tonight. Khudobin will not suit up, but he won't be returning any time soon. Russo expects Khudobin to stick around with the Wild until after this weekend.
To replace Khudobin on the roster, the Aeros signed someone with some actual experience, Rejean Beauchamp from ECHL Idaho, who the team signed to a PTO. Beauchamp's record for the season is 16-11-3 in 31 games with a 2.66 GAA and .895 save percentage.
What is up in the air is who will be going for the Aeros tonight. Schaefer, who played hurt on Sunday, tried to play hurt on Tuesday but had to leave the game early due to that injury. Barry Brust has been out due to injury, but the last time I talked to him and Kevin Constantine, they were hoping to have him back on Monday, but seeing as how Khudobin played on Tuesday, either Brust didn't get medical clearance or Constantine didn't see the need to rush things. But nothing against Beauchamp, I'm hoping Brust is healthy tonight.
So I guess we'll find out that answer to this riddle tonight. But I'm telling you, this game tonight has a good chance of really going to the dogs.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woof.
Wow, bad puns ...
At the end of the night I hope we can't say it smelled like the Aeros stepped in it.
Post a Comment