When Mitch Love tries to get everyone off of their feet and roaring after a fight tomorrow night, let's have some people in the stands to get excited.
I've got no problem with the crowd last night. I was amazed that over 4,000 people were able to make it out there with that weather and with the lack of advanced notice for the actual game date. But I want it to be different tomorrow night for Game Four.The Aeros crowds on weeknights always suck -- well, I remember a big crowd for a Bikini Night game against the Wolves several years ago -- but generally, the crowd is an inflated total of friends and family which somehow comes out to about 3,000 though it often looks to be about 1,000. But this is the playoffs. Let's get some people out in those damn stands.
I know the excuses. It's a Monday night and people have work and school the next day. But that's not going to stop the Astros from drawing 30,000 as they lose to the Reds tomorrow night, and the Aeros game will be a better economic value, and the product will be much, much more exciting.
So how about it? I'm not asking that both decks be stacked with people. I would just like to see a crowd of at least 5,000 or 6,000. Let's get enough people in there so that when Mitch Love gets in a fight the place is rocking with noise.
Who's with me? I'll be there. I hope I see you there, too.
Photo courtesy Fred Trask.
5 comments:
We'll be there, all 3 of us, with cowbells and ready to roar!
Wouldn't miss it for the life of me.
Fred,
Don't know about others but I couldn't afford playoff tickets this year. My last day of work was January 20. I had a choice of putting money down on next year's season tickets or playoff tickets and I chose the former. My wife did "splurge" on tickets for Monday night though. I wonder if there are others in the same situation?
These times are difficult and scary for many of us. Sorry to hear of your job situation Anonymous.
Glad you'll be able to make it to the game tonight though, if you get a chance say howdy.
I hope the Aeros have another good one in store for us.
May you have secured employment by Wednesday so you can rest easy and maybe even take in that game too.
There is always the AHL Live to tide you over. Not as good as being there but a heck of a lot cheaper and better than just audio IMO.
Good luck to you and all those in a similar position.
John we're still working in the UK but very much at the TC in spirit. Hope to be back for Wednesday's game. Go Aeros!
Anonymous, I understand the Aeros Booster Club gave away a limited amount of free first come first served tickets to club members for tonight's game. I think there is a possibility additional tickets may be available for more games should the Aeros make it to the next level. If you are not involved with the club I would encourage you to stop by the Booster table during tonight's game for membership info.
Sorry, Anonymous. I wrote this post. I didn't mean to sound like an insenstive clod. Especially since was laid off last month. I want to sincerely apologize.
Post a Comment