Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Down the Stretch - Peoria Rivermen Pregame

It is becoming increasingly obvious that the Aeros are more likely going to finish fourth than they are second based on how well Peoria has been playing lately and how poorly the Aeros have been in the last week and a half.

I think tonight's game at Carver Arena will go a long way, especially if the Aeros can a) (obviously) win the game and then b) parlay that into a road sweep against the Lake Erie Monsters. The Aeros do have, technically, the weakest schedule as far as opponents are concerned from here on out. After tonight, the Aeros will play four straight teams who will not make the postseason. I think Peoria and Quad City have the roughest go of it from here on out, even though (as Fred implied several times Thursday) San Antonio may literally try to hurt the Aeros next weekend from start to finish. Their objective might be to collect more deadhead stickers than goals and victories, so who knows.

The chart (click on it for a clearer view) now shows that Iowa has moved ahead of Chicago, thanks to their win over the Aeros last night, and I have not moved Peoria ahead of Houston, but I will after tonight's loss. The Rivermen have the same amount of points, but three more wins, which gives them the tie breaker, even if the Aeros win the season series.






4 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

tonight's loss

Is that a prediction? Just checking. ;)

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

Definitely ... They are toast. Tonight, they are toast. I am not writing off their season a la Forecheck just yet.

:)

Ms. Conduct said...

I knew I should have put some money on this "no more predictions" stuff...

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

It's not a prediction ... it's a certainty!

Just like last night, I had a feeling they would some how score enough goals to win.