Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Round 2, Game #1: Aeros vs. Milwaukee -- Some Quick Thoughts

What did I say earlier? If the Aeros score first, they should win. If they score a power play goal. They should win. If they shut down Milwaukee's power play. If Milwaukee outshoots them, they should win.

The Aeros scored first. The scored a power play goal. They shut down the Admirals power play. Milwaukee outshot them. And the Aeros won 2-1.

It's only one game. But I liked the way the Aeros came out to start. I wasn't totally pleased with the third period. I thought the defense put too much pressure on Anton Khudobin and didn't help him enough. And I thought they were still too undisciplined at times, taking some more stupid penalties that could have hurt them worse than they did.

But never mind all of that. The Aeros won. And I don't care how they did it. As long as they win three more games like this I'll be happy.

Oh, and for those of you who are interested, you can find the game box score here.

1 comment:

Josh Lister said...

Well the power of Kolanos strikes again