Here's a link out to Andrew's great article on Olvecky leaving the Aeros to play in the World Championships for Slovakia.
Also, it's looking very much like Vancouver is going to sweep the St. Louis Blues, who are Peoria's parent team. This means that their best AHL players who have been called up could return to the team as soon as Wednesday.
However, the good news is that there only two players from the Peoria Clear Day Roster who would be eligible to return to the team (and I don't believe either will need to clear waivers to return). The two are defenseman Tyson Strachan and goalie Ben Bishop. Doesn't mean they WILL come back, but they could. And while Strachan would bolster the defense, I can't imagine they'd pull Legace for Bishop. So, not much there that would change the playing field too much, I don't think, unless Strachan is some kind of rock star.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So does anybody actually care about the World Championships here?
Any chance of catching a match at the Maple Leaf?
The games start at 16:15 and 20:15 in Switzerland, so I think that would make it 09:15 and 13:15 (or 1:15pm) in here.
I suppose the Maple Leaf wouldn't be open that early? Or do they do "breakfast-hockey"? I'm pretty sure I will have to
resort to watching the matches online.
Starting this Friday (24th). Very big thing in Europe.
Olvecky could play in the same line with Branko Radivojevic (ex-Wild) and Stefan Ruzicka (ex-Flyers/Phamtoms).
The Finnish team is the weakest one in a long time. We got Antti Miettinen from Minnesota but Niklas Backström is having a shoulder operation this summer and Mikko Koivu has a problem with his knee. Petteri Nummelin used to play for the Wild. Still hoping that we would get some late arrivals from the NHL playoffs, but doesn't look very promising. Josh Harding will play for Canada.
My apologies for the misspelling there. Should have written Bäckström instead. Almost as bad as spelling Locke as Lucky.
and since I started down that road...my heartfelt apologies for the Slovaks for not bothering with the special characters of their language. And to my English teacher at school...
Post a Comment