Okay, John's the DJ around these parts, but I've got this song banging around in my head and it's just gotta come out:
And here's what that's about: I have one note on my screen from the second period, "Pouly is sucking the life out of the power play."
Sweet. Buttered. Jesus. How many turnovers did he have on that Lehtera penalty at 16:45 in the second? Oh man, was that ever brutal. My favorite part of the game was when that line changed.
Lookit, I know I'm tough on Benny, but that's because I know he's better than this (and he did actually have some really great moments on the PK, where he's really become a stone cold stud, and some big time checks). Still, here at T3I, we have but one punishment for sucking the life out of a power play.
What? No? Fine. Can't blame a girl for trying.
All told, however, it was a terrific game. Physical again, but Mitch Love's soul-crushing beat down of Curtis Fraser at the three minute mark of the first set a tone of Aeros dominance that Peoria really never shook. Of course, it helped that the boys played their asses off, gave Peoria very little room, and Dimples was terrific. Still a few scary rebounds, but who doesn't let one of those loose from time to time? Keeps things interesting.
Links to post-game reports:
Andrew for the Chron
The Peoria Journal Star's article
Mine for PHN
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Query: who was Benoit Pouliot last night? An Aeros or ? The times he passed - beautifully and smoothly - to....a Rivermen player....at least a 3x count, later I lost track.
Congratulations to Peter Olvecky to being asked to represent his country-he will (vide the 2 games he did play for Aeros) be sorely missed...but it could not have happened to a nicer person. BRAVO! Peter.
Khudobin...Khudobin, the 'bear cub', ...is emerging as "goalie on the Move"---up, up and away... khorascho, ochi khorascho (that's how it sounds when my Russian speaking friends tell me "VERY GOOD).
Let's have that video of PAST Aeros glories again sometime.. it was quite interesting and hyped up the on-time-arriving-because-not-informed-of-delay waiting fans with successful Aeros plays.
Can't wait to get to Monday!
When they are rested....will they play even better?
Post a Comment