Over at the mothership, you'll find a slightly reworked post on my Houston Aeros to win in an upset post. Now normally, I'm allowed only one post a week over there on the Aeros because the numbers supposedly don't justify more than that a week.
But thankfully for us, the swine flu hysteria got in the way.
You see, my original post for today was one mocking the overreaction of the Texas University Interscholastic League for cancelling all high school sports in the state for two weeks. The mocking tone was along the lines of, well, if they're so damn concerned about the high school kids, then why don't they cancel school instead since, you know, there are more kids in school than at a track meet. I also mockingly suggested that the talk to MLB about cancelling the Houston Astros season because I get sick to my stomach watching the Astros play baseball.
Anyway, I wrote and submitted that post last night. Only to wake up this morning to find that numerous schools throughout the state are actually closing. Overreaction, that's what I think, but it kind of nullified the point of my post, so I asked to submit another, and they said send over an Aeros post.
Which I did.
So go click on the link and reward the mothership folks for allowing two Aeros posts to run this week.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment