Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Down the Stretch - Iowa Chops Pregame

Last night, the Aeros did not get much help, but thanks to Peoria's win over Chicago, the Aeros magic number is down to four. Last month, I said it would be the Aeros, IceHogs and Wolves joining the Admirals in the playoffs. Now, it is almost certain that Peoria will be in with the defending champs (Wolves) on the outside looking in.


If the Aeros win two of three this weekend, I think that sets them up nicely for home ice in the first round against Peoria. Raise your hand, though, if you want to see the Aeros open up on the road against that monster Rivermen team right now. To be honest, I would rather see the Aeros slip to fourth than have to try to beat Manny Legace ... but we'll leave that to worry about next week. Those games against the Rampage will be huge.


Here is the updated down the stretch chart. Click on the pic for a clearer view.



No comments: