Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Alright, who PO'd the goalie gods?

So, I'm scouring AHL goalie news for my other gig and start piecing some bits of news together. I've seen no confirmation from the teams or leagues, so I'll just tell you what I've read and you can draw your own conclusions.

First, it seems Idaho Steelheads goalie Rejean Beauchemin has been summoned to Houston (last paragraph on the page). (Update: And we have lift off on this part of the story.)

And over on the Florida Everblades side, Angela Busch of the Naples Daily News is reporting that Khudobin has yet again been recalled to Minnesota due to Nik Backstrom's aching back.

From Russo this afternoon:
Anton Khudobin was recalled again on emergency conditions because of the tweak in Nik Backstrom’s lower body. But he flew in last night, and Backstrom and Josh Harding both practiced today, meaning everything seems OK with Backstrom.
However, I’d suspect Khudobin will stay here through the weekend now just in case Backstrom aggravates anything.
Busch's article only mentions Brust being injured in Houston, but unless Schaefer has made a miracle recovery, we know he is dinged up as well. Does this mean Beauchemin is the starter tonight? He's got about 22 AHL games in his 4 years of playing professional hockey, the rest are ECHL.

The good news is that he's very good looking. Well done, Assistant GM Troy Ward! Thanks to the Idaho Steelheads for the photo.

So... I guess I'm not getting the call to bring my gear tonight, huh? Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are bringing him in to clean up after the dogs tonight ...

Austrain Aeros fan said...

Aeros home page already has him 'wearing jersey Nr. 30'.And the BEAU in his name is quite apt!