But here goes anyway:
Literally, the stick and puck* I played in goal for today had better hockey than the first period of this game. Brutal stuff. Here are my first two power play notes:
PP – Corazzini – holding – terribleAnd I looked over at the boys at one point and said, "Well, if they piss me off, I guess I won't miss them so much. Silver lining!"
PP – Junland – HS – Crappy
I'm also pretty sure I declared Pouliot "dead to me" at some point. He's probably relieved. Maybe I'll get off his ass already.
But all of that is forgotten, as wins seem to wash away even the most stubborn, set-in irritations almost instantly. Unless you're Fred hating on Dimples.
So, I had a question for Constantine tonight that I couldn't bring myself to be Debbie Downer enough to ask, nor could I really find the right words, but sometimes I watch this team and their amazing comebacks and think... is it really about the ability to comeback or is it about being unable to manufacture urgency, or "hard" as KC calls it, when their backs aren't against the wall?
In other words, is this team just exceptionally resilient or are they chronic procrastinators?
Whatever the case, it was a gutty win tonight. More importantly, it was a WIN tonight.
Last year, the team lost out at home to Rockford on my birthday. This year, they could advance on my birthday. There's definitely a different vibe this season, and I didn't leave the rink tonight thinking, "See you in 5 months!" More like, "See you next week!" I don't want to speculate too much on that intuition, but there it is anyway.
Here's Andrew's post-gamer for the Chron
My post-gamer for PHN
Peoria Journal Star post-gamer
*For the uninitiated, stick and puck is ice time set aside so hockey players can get on the ice informally and either take lessons or just work on shooting, stick handling, etc. for the first 15 minutes or so, and then usually everyone (except those taking lessons) come together for a scrimmage. No ref, no rules, not much defense, just simple hockey.
5 comments:
Hating on Dimples?
Hardly, it's a little thing called reality. The Aeros got the win for sure. They never gave up. Those are the positives. Winning ugly is still winning. I know these things and freely admit them.
Anton has energy, intensity, talent and skill. What he brought last night was mostly energy and intensity. He can be sooooo much better. If he ever expects to even be a regular netminder at THIS level he needs to work on his game ... a lot. The rebounds are a huge problem. The positioning is questionable at best. He was part of the puzzle that got the job done, I'll give him that. But to not give a star to Matt Beaudoin and give one to Anton seems wrong to me.
In any case, take the win, file it away in a warm place and build from it. The ability to come back is getting to be a stronger and stronger force with these guys and that's awesome. They face adversity from within and without, things they control and things they don't. Go Aeros!
I was just poking at you, Fred. ;)
Oh well as long as you didn't try to "nut" me, I'm ok with that.
Well, if it'd been Barry we were discussing... ;)
Yes,YES, M.Beaudoin earned a STAR, he seems to be undervalued..agreed he doesn't look and score like KK, but the guy CAN skate, snakes his way between foes, is equally 'hard'/good (with an occasional lapse) in defense AND offense and, lately, shows up right in front of the OTHER goal to..deflect, pass or smack it in!
AEROS management do NOT let him get away for next season.
Falk is consistently improving as well. He has made some good saves by becoming more defensively aggressive.
Love showed remarkable restraint... HE did not give the ref reasons to be placed "in purgatory", though the calls made, appeared to be rather skewed in one direction - boos for the zebras.
It seemed Pouliot must have taken Ms. C. remarks to heart he made better passes ;).
Am not saying yeah or nay re Khudobin-the kid has talent, once he 'cools' and becomes seasoned, he will surely be one good goalie! AND even better with a REALLY good defense in front of his net!
The "Come back, kids".. AEROS :)!
Will Legace 'read the blogs & listen to the comments' and adjust his strategy by staying put and thwarting both 'low and high' shots?
Anyone, :),out there wants to donate a private plane to fly us up? Nothing beats BEING there.
Post a Comment