Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Madsen out; Kaufman in

Lost in the drama of the Aeros big OT win last night were a couple of roster changes, though, frankly, neither really has much effect right now.

First off is that Morten Madsen and his fierce hat are heading to Switzerland to join the Danish National team. At least I hope the hat is going. I know Morty is. Goodbye, Morty! Badbye, hat!

He's been a healthy scratch quite often lately, so I don't really see this being much of an impact to the team for the rest of the playoffs. Lundbohm and Ryznar have a good handle on that extra forward role.

So, there's your two Aeros who are participating in the World Championships which start tomorrow, and 5 Wild organization players total (Harding-Canada, Zidlicky-Czech Republic, Miettinen-Finland). I think the rest of the Wild had or will have off-season surgery or have concussions...

------------

Secondly, the Aeros signed Brian Kaufman, a "versatile" forward from Miami (Ohio) aka "Cold Miami" for the 2009-2010 season.

Apparently he had a fantastic junior year at Cold Miami, didn't set anything on fire his senior year, but he did attend Wild development camp this past summer, so he knows the organization and they know him. Here's an article from his time at dev camp.

He was the captain of his Miami team his senior year, much like trade-bait Ryan Jones was the year before that, so at least that indicates a certain quality of character, I would think.

8 comments:

AerosFinn said...

Olvecky just making his debut against Hungary. 1-0 for the Slovaks after the 1st period. Madsen has to wait until tomorrow to play against Zidlicky.
Not sure whether one is allowed to post links here but if anybody is interested to watch this game live online let me know.

Ms. Conduct said...

Do tell. I've been trying to figure out where to watch.

Ms. Conduct said...

Oh, I see that it's on Universal Sports in the US, but I think that's on exactly nowhere.

Fred Trask said...

According to their web site

Houston
Over-the-air 39.2

Fred Trask said...

Finland vs US
Tomorrow morning 2am - 4am
Over the air - 39.2

Ms. Conduct said...

I'm not even sure how to watch OTA stuff anymore.

AerosFinn said...

Lucky Slovaks scored 13 seconds before the finish to win 4-3. I'm used to watch this on prime time tv, new to streaming. For Olvecky: all the Slovakian games in here http://www.stv.sk/live/?3

And most other games(also SVK) through here:
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=icehockey

You can find several options through the latter, had to try a few before I got one working.

Starting times at 9:15am and 1:15pm Houston time

Ms. Conduct said...

Thanks Finn! I'll give this info its own thread since this is buried.