Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Kolanos comes home; Scandella, Testwuide joining the Aeros

Ahhh, folks, I was having an awful day. And then Russo saves it like Lundqvist in the shootout with the following:

The only other real bit of news from today is that Krys Kolanos was sent back to AHL Houston.

UPDATE: Wild just announced it has signed its second round pick (55th overall) from the 2008 draft, 6-foot-3, 206-pound defenseman Marco Scandella, to an entry level contract beginning with the 2009-10 season. He will head to the Aeros on an amateur tryout for the remainder of this season. Scandella, 19, recorded 37 points and 67 penalty minutes in 58 games in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League this season.


What's that I hear? Oh yeah, that's the K-Train rolling into town, baby! Choochoo!

And y'all know I get excited about new kids joining the team. Kinda fun to get to kick the tires on these guys before training camp when everyone else gets to see them. So, welcome Marco. What are the odds we'd have two Canadian Italian dudes named Marco? Is that some kind of record for an AHL team? Li'l Marco will be wearing #18.

UPDATE: Here's an interview with him by my hero Kevin Falness up in Minnesota.

And according to the Aeros, there's more fresh meat on the way in the form of defenseman JP Testwuide (test-weed), former captain of the University of Denver squad. Looks like he's a scrappy, high PIM guy, so that's always good for some fun, right? And none of those silly cages to get in the way in the pros, baby. (Thanks to the Denver Post for the photo)

Now, I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but it appears our new boy, Testy, has a partially torn ligament in his knee. Not sure how much help that will be, but I guess we'll see. Like my Daddy says, "Shoot 'em up and send 'em out." But he is, apparently, the complete package. *clearing throat* JP will be wearing lucky #13 and, presumably, a knee brace.

Anyway, good stuff. I'm a little excited again. Just a little. Shhhh.

7 comments:

dggoddard said...

Great news. Finally a Denver Pioneer on the Aeros.

Other former DU alums included Ron Grahame, Rich Preston and one or two others back in the glory days.

Anonymous said...

so the "Newbies" can play if not on the Clear Day roster?
Ms. C will be over the moon that KK is returning.

Ms. Conduct said...

Yes, Anon, guys signed on ATOs out of junior or college can play.

Ms. C
------
Moon

Hey look!

Forecheck said...

I just hope the kids don't pick up the bad habits that Princess, et. al., have been displaying lately.

Anonymous said...

I sure do like your sense of humor, Ms. C.
-----

Ms. Conduct said...

Like Madsen did, FC? I don't remember him being so "Poulioty" last season...

Forecheck said...

That's what the "et. al." is for Ms. C.