Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Into the prediction fray; some love for Beaudoin

As I type this, I'm kneeling on my Aeros blanket, burning a donut scented candle, eating poutine, and wearing my Canada Hockey sweatshirt. (Okay, not really, but I feel like I should be.)

See, I'm not a religious person at all, but I do believe in the hockey gods and I'm afraid predictions anger them. I mean, who am *I* to know what's going to happen? How presumptuous to even feign to know!

Now, I was pressed to make a prediction Monday night and I said Aeros in 6. And I could totally see that happening.

But I could also see Peoria in 5.

So, I don't know. I don't want to know. I don't need to be right or wrong. I just want the boys to play their fine, muscular asses off and, if this is as far as they can go, then I want to go home proud of the effort. But of course, I really want a second round.

And on that note, our friends over at Admirals Short Shifts gave out their A.S.S. awards to Milwaukee forwards today and, waddaya know, the Aeros very own Matt Beaudoin won one!

Matt Beaudoin -- AX TO GRIND AWARD. He was in Admirals training camp and played a few games for the Admirals this season. He spent the 2nd half of the season with the Houston Aeros with moderate success, and is on their playoff roster. If the stars align, he may be visiting Milwaukee in the second round.

So, here's hoping the stars align and Matt can sneak up on Milwaukee all stealth-ninja style and show them what they gave up.

3 comments:

beware the bears said...

Good for Beaudoin, he has put a lot into the game since coming aboard - ahem - the roster, for the Aeros in January (I believe) and got a hattrick in February for the Aeros, too. He skates fast and furious, doesn't hesitate to pounce on an oppponent at or near the boards, weaves in and out sneakily plus scores often enough...maybe not the proper terminology...but you all get the idea. So BRAVO for Matt Beaudoin or in other words, M. Beaudoin merci and bonne chance. I do have a soft spot for this skater, ssh don't laugh.

Forecheck said...

I think your later prediction is correct - Rivermen in five.

It does depend on what Aeros team actually shows up.

Ms. Conduct said...

I have a soft spot for Brust, so you'll never catch me laughing at someone else's soft spots. :) I get enough grief for that.

And yeah, FC, more like 4. But at least we'll get to have closure at home if it goes down like that. I hate when my team loses out on the road. It's like the season just flatlines in a ditch somewhere, as opposed to dying in my arms where I can say goodbye.