Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Aeros.com Audio with Joe O'Donnell and Jim Mill

Joe O'Donnell (pictured here sporting the playoff beard) has had some nice sit-downs with several folks in the organization since arriving, and on the Aeros audio page is a good clip of his recent interview with Aeros Assistant GM Jim Mill.

I suspect the Aeros will have more of these as the summer progresses, especially around training camp time.

Give this a listen and comment back with what you think of the interview, how Joe conducted it and what you thought of Jim's comments.

He has been a real straight shooter with me since coming on board, and I cannot tell you how much that is appreciated.

5 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Yep, good stuff there. Thanks for posting those, A. Joe's doing a great job asking thoughtful questions, and questions I'd want to ask myself if I were smart enough to come up with them.

artsnhockey said...

What I got out of this interview through Joe's questions asked and Mills' answers:
Defensively the Aeros will have the advantage. He has a positive spin on goalies. It appears we are to have a surfeit of possible captains.
But re scoring he was not as decisive as he was on defense.
May have read that wrong. I sure hope so and that the team will prove me wrong.
Mills wants a 'cup', that also came across very clearly.
So, we can expect an agressive team that skates well, and defends well, and tends goal well!

Anonymous said...

Joe is very good. I hope they don't chase him off too.

artsnhockey said...

Anon Nr ????....Your word in G'd's ears. After what we've just heard in the latest post!!!!

CatTrick said...

Mill seemed a bit "flat" and not especially enthusiastic or focused. I now feel a little more confident in what will become the Aeros offense, tho, but I've still got to see some early season gamesheets before I breathe a sigh of relief.

I think Joe does a really good job with interviews. He tends to go with a slightly different approach and gets somewhat different answers from every other sports interview, altho most sports interviews do have the same spin.

I especially enjoy Joe's play-by-plays. Since becoming an Aeros fan last season, I listened to every radio broadcast he did unless I was at the Toyota Center. I like his enthusiasm and his knowledge of hockey.

While I'm dishing out compliments, I want to say how much I've come to rely on T3I for reliable news and really appreciate Andrew, Ms.C, John, and Fred for their awesome contributions. Thanks, guys!!!