Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, May 8, 2009

MacIntyre Mask -- Part 2 -- PER ARDUA

Upon further review - on the right side of Drew MacIntyre's mask is the MacIntyre Clan Badge with the words Per Ardua, which apparently translates to "through difficulties". This is the clearest shot I have on file of the badge.


I'm unable to locate a third Care Bare in the shots I already have.

All Photos:Fred Trask

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Per Ardua
Through Difficulty To The Stars. Motto of the RCAF, RAF and RAAF

Courtesy of: http://www.answers.com/topic/per-ardua-ad-astra

Fred Trask said...

Actually that's Per ardua ad astra; the "ad astra" meaning "to the stars".

MacIntyre's Clan Badge is simply "per ardua". I read that the through difficulty was in regard to the struggles of his clan in Scotland.

According to one MacIntyre Clan site -- "They piped the Scottish patriots into battle at Bannockburn under Robert the Bruce to win their freedom from tyranny. They endured the oppression of stronger clans and foreign influences for centuries. They stood strong against the blows of nature, the despair of poverty, the horrors of war, the powermongering of men, and inept political systems for many long years."