Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Meanwhile...A Few Things to Think About

Last night's game story is now posted over at the Houston Press, so give them some love if you get the chance because it's through them I get my press pass. Plus, it gives you another chance to see Mr. Fred's photo of Khudobin at center ice as the crowd sings "Happy Birthday."

Also, no matter when this Houston/Milwaukee series ends, the Western Conference finals against Manitoba are set to start next Friday in Winnipeg.

And it's my goal to get back here later tonight or tomorrow with some in-depth lawyerly stuff on the Phoenix Coyotes situation. My early take is that Gary Bettman is going to lose if the bankruptcy judge goes ahead and allows Jerry Moyes to file for Chapter 11 -- the NHL is attempting to have the bankruptcy petition kicked out of court. But I could be wrong, so I want to do a little more research.

3 comments:

will said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
will said...

John, I've got a question that someone at T3I can probably answer for me:

Now that Slovakia and Denmark are out of the World Hockey Championships, why aren't Olvecky and Madsen released to return to the Aeros? Is there a rule about it, or is it a matter of choice for the players?

beware the bear(ds) said...

Great, that will be interesting to read. One hears/reads so many different opinions re Coyotes.
By the way, good write up in HP..good for you, and them, to give such space to Aeros.

Re Madsen and Olvecky.. I believe there is some regs in NHL/AHL not to let players return during play offs, but someone out there can enlighten us all, for sure.