Drew has a few goodies on his mask.
He's got the Care Bears as Rob pointed out. He's got a way cool Admiral Mr. Potato Head

In the front he's got the Admiral skeleton head on top and on the bottom a cross with a ribbon of scripture which reads something like "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God endures forever."
He's also got a "Why Not" theme going on. You can see it on the knob of his stick and the back of his mask.

He also has a big crest or something on the side that I forget what it is but I'm sure we'll find out and get back to you.

All Photos:Fred Trask
6 comments:
We can help here!
The Mr. Potato head is a shoutout to Prince Edward Island, where he is from. Potatoes are apparently their #1 export, and often times they're referred to as Spud Islanders.
The Carebears... Carebear is a nickname for his wife Karen, and she give birth to their first child during the regular season. We've been told there's a 3rd bear on the mask now, but we haven't noticed it yet...
The crest is his family crest. And the line from scripture is just something he likes.
Not sure about the "Why Not" theme...if I did know, I have since forgotten.
That's the scoop!
Great photos Fred. Yes, that right side, I sat within ten feet to the right of him and still could not make it out. Guy would not stand still for two seconds. And a back story would be interesting. Just excellent Fred, thanks again.
I don't know Ms. C, I kinda like MacIntyre's ensemble, including his war bonnet. No accounting for taste huh?
That's for the apple AdmiralsShortShifts.
I assumed it was something personal like that. I'll see if I can spy the third bear Saturday. I've really not taken any mask shots this series.
PEI is beautiful, went there as a child several times. Most of my family tree in the US are Mainiacs so we often visited the Canadian North East. My great-great-grandfather was from Nova Scotia
Rob, I'll try to get a clean shot of the side as well. I may have one at home but I can't be certain.
Indeed Rob. Like I said, it's personal. Just glad there no homages to dead people or cancer children. Just his wife and literally some potatoes... I don't feel like quite the ass I might have. But then, I'm not unfamiliar with that feeling.
This is one of those hockey things that strikes a cord with me. Here is a young man wearing headgear decorated with what I assume to be some of the most important things in his life; faith, team, roots, tradition, and family. It is difficult to imagine going to work with the things I value most painted on my head for all the world to see. I find MacIntyre's example inspirational.
Thank you Short Shifts. Thank you Fred. Thank you Drew. Why not?
Okay, NOW I feel like an ass.
Again, not so unfamiliar.
Post a Comment