All photos: Chris Jerina
-----------------
And just to keep you caught up on the truly important news, Matt Kassian won the Beard Off going on over at the Aeros site. I think that hawt mohawk was cheating a little.
--------------------
And finally, a little media recap with reaction and looking forward to the next series:
- First, from our friends over at Admirals Short Shifts, with whom we've shared an enjoyable banter throughout the series. It definitely made a rather intense series all that much more fun.
- And from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal
- Here's my write-up for PHN. As I told my editors, I was having trouble seeing my laptop screen over my ear-to-ear grin to get the thing written.
- John's article for the Houston Press
- The Chronicle write-up
- Even the Wild beat writer, Mike Russo, made his first-ever trip to watch the farm team. Sounds like he had a nice time.
- Here's some "what's next" analysis from the Winnipeg Free Press.
- And then from the Winnipeg Sun.
- From the Candian Press, the Moose game plan is to come out hitting early, hard, and often on Friday.
- Andrew's preview for the Chronicle
- More from the Winnipeg Sun, with thoughts from players and coaches on Houston's Cinderella run thus far... any bets on a "turned into a pumpkin" analogy at some point in this?
I'll add others as they come out.


8 comments:
Ms. C, indeed that is Krys's goal.
I gotta thank the Ads SS guys for helping me with a new (slightly lower) vantage point. Unfortunately, the dirtiness of the glass was worse than I though, resulting in a number of pics alot blurrier than I would like (e.g. Kolanos' celebration).
Chris jumped in already with his comment.
From us here a BIG thanks to you for the photos. Almost as good as being there.
KK's victory jump is becoming his trade mark.
And Stoner's expression is priceless.
Can anyone find a fellow photographer to record the next games up in Winnipeg AND blog them for all of us here to enjoy?
And how sick could Matt Kassian's facial adornment get? I still like Lammer's and Stoner's plus Beaudoin's...ah well, they all looked rakish!
Chris is going to be in Winnie for the first 2 games, so we're working on a press pass for him.
I think Beaud's ended up being my favorite.
Well, OF COURSE, so did I, but Kassian's was kinda cute to start with -- that cowlick on his side..
Oh, wonderful... more pix from Chris...am sooo ready for more of the celebrations!
Don't worry BTB, I was gonna post again before heading out tomorrow!
Indeed, I'll be at Games 1/2. Hopefully I can get some pics for you guys, although it will only happen thanks to T3I. MTS Centre doesn't allow cameras except for media, so we'll see. Either way, I hope to get a recap of each game for you guys.
I'll be at the hotel w/ the players, so even if I cant bring my camera to the game, hopefully I can get some shots of the beards as the players eat breakfast (or something...)
For the record, I still haven't shaved my beard (err, of what I can grow!). And I'll have my Ryan Jones Aeros jersey in tote to avoid any confusion of who I'm cheering for ;-)
Go Aeros!
Hey, Chris, don't leave your self out.. we do like to know what our Northern purveyor of pix looks like..
Can we request? KK, Locke, Stoner, Beaudoin, for starters? ;) Ms. C anyone else? :) oops forgot Falk.. basket of puppies, remember!
GO AEROS!!!!!
I'll make sure I'm captured in at least one photo over the weekend. ;)
Mmm, Falker. Yes.
Uh, for professional, journalismy purposes of course.
Post a Comment