Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Some Musings on Team Consistently Inconsistent

Here's my latest weekend in review post over at the mothership. And as one can expect from the games this past weekend, it's not pretty. I use the revolving/injured goalie situation as a possible way to explain the weekend, though frankly, the goalie play was not the reason the team lost all three games this weekend.

And as to something Andrew discussed about the lackluster play of Jesse Schultz and Corey Locke...I didn't see Locke after Friday's loss, but as I was talking to Anton Khudobin and Robbie Earl, I did hear Schultz fuming in the background. And he was really unhappy with the loss, and he was letting some of his teammates know about it.

So Schultz's play may not be what it was a couple of weeks ago, but the guy still seems to care. And frankly, I see his and Locke's play as being the epitome of what I earlier this year labeled as team Consistently Inconsistent. The offense isn't there on the nights when the defense and goal tending are top notch. The offense is firing on all cylinders when nothing else works. It's a maddening team to watch because, even when the Aeros are on a winning streak, they don't look good and you just wait for disaster to happen.

I've got no answers, of course. But I just thought that I would throw out my observations.

No comments: