Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aeros vs Peoria 3/21 - Part 2

From the pre-game warm up skate we get our first view of Tony Hrkac. Tony looked ok out there in my opinion. He was sucking air a bit the first few shifts and he took a penalty, but he didn't look out of place. This is quite an accomplishment for a guy who has not played pro hockey for 3 years. I think there is a lot of promise in this as he can only add a tremendous calming influence on the younger guys. Once he gets a chance to gel a bit, I think we could see some good things.

Fan favorite, Mitch Love skated in the pre-game wearing a cage and sporting a black eye from his nasal surgery. He was a scratch for the actual game.

Nolan Schaefer, sporting his new gear, had to make quite a few big stops.

Here are a couple of "group hug" shots after the two Aeros goals. Several have mentioned to me that they enjoy these type of shots, so here you go.

Finally I'll close out with the requested Manny Legace love fest.
(A special thanks to Ms. Conduct for pointing out his middle initial is apparently F, I never would have known this fact without her post)


All Photos:Fred Trask

6 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

That was like a 5 *squee* post, Fred!

And as much as I love my Manny, the second goal celebration photo is one of my favorites of the year. *That* line scoring on *that* goalie should be celebrated exactly like that. Unbridled jubilation. I'll be honest, that goal choked me up a little bit. And that photo got me all over again.

drewK said...

As per usual Mr. Fred... Brilliant work. Yes, BH is alive and well and pretty much lately a hockey nomad drifting from city to city seeing hockey in different leagues. I did catch the Aeros game Sat. and Sun. this past weekend.

BH

Fred Trask said...

Thanks Blackhawk!

You're missed buddy. I wish you'd have said howdy at the game. Next time make sure to say hi.

Drifting from city to city seeing hockey in different leagues seems like a great way to spend your time.

I hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Come back often

drewK said...

Yes, I've been out to Vegas for 7 games of the Wranglers, Shreveport to see the Mudbugs a couple of times, Biloxi a couple of times, Dallas to see the Stars play the BLACKHAWKS and over to see the Brahmas as well.

Fred Trask said...

Sounds like a good time to me. Anything special you saw that you liked or didn't like?

drewK said...

Vegas continues to be my favorite place to see minor league hockey by far. It cracks me up to be able to carry a beer INTO the game. Try that at the Toy Box. The Users hadn out plastic cups as you go in if you happen to have a bottle. It's just too cool. The stadium is perfect for hockey.

The Brahmas' barn is small and the cowbells (YES.... cowbells) drove me nuts. I'm going to try to sneak by there Sunday, but if I do, I'm taking earplugs. The kids in the CHL skate pretty darn hard I must say. It was up and down the ice. I could have sworn I was following the ball at a tennis match.

The Seawolves in MS are on life support. It's sad, but it's life in the minors. I got to hang with a number of the players after a Sat. night game into the wee hours of the AM. Rumors are flying on their future. I've heard they might be sliding down a league or two. This last time I was there for 4 games. They just loved us coming from Houston to see them play. They just thought we were the cat's PJs. Tickets cost me $3.00 a piece during the week!!! They had a special going on. I felt bad for them as they were just trying to get people in the building. However, on the weekend they had over 7,000 two nights. One of the local fans told me if we could just get this kind of crowd a lot of the times there wouldn't be any question of the Club remaining.