Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Aeros Clear Day Roster 2009; Aeros sign Hrkac

The AHL Clear Day was yesterday and the Aeros roster is mostly what you'd expect.
Each Clear Day roster consists of a maximum of 22 players. According to AHL by-laws, only those players listed on a team’s Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remainder of the 2008-09 AHL regular season and in the 2009 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension.

Teams may also add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts, only after their respective junior or college seasons are complete.
Barry Brust (G)
Nolan Schaefer (G)
Paul Albers
Matt Beaudoin
Robbie Earl
Justin Falk
Tony Hrkac
Danny Irmen
Matt Kassian
Krys Kolanos
Corey Locke
Mitch Love
Morten Madsen
Tomas Mojzis
Maxim Noreau
Peter Olvecky
Benoit Pouliot
Brandon Rogers
Marco Rosa
Jesse Schultz
John Scott
Clayton Stoner

Presumably Khudobin is considered to be here on an emergency basis until Brust is healthy. I've read that the Everblades expect to be without him for another 2 weeks at least, so there's a bit of a hint at the time table.

Of course, the Aeros sent out the press release about signing Hrkac after I saw this list, as I'm thinking, "That's a typo, right?" Nope. So, yeah, in the weirdest move I've seen in quite some time, the Aeros have signed a 42-year-old center who hasn't played professionally in 3 years.

I know what you're thinking and I'm one step ahead of you. I've already called Mayor White and the parade route is being planned as we speak.

Update: Andrew points out that this list is minus one Jason Ryznar, which is kind of surprising given the accolades his line has gotten over the last month or so from Constantine.
And John points out that Lundbohm is also not on the list. No great shakes as he's been a non-factor, but obviously they're trying to put some final touches on that they think will give the team a solid run.

1 comment:

Fred Trask said...

Is Hrkac going to play on a line vs Kelsey Grammer if we play the ads?