One of my absolute favorite television programs of all time is The Rockford Files. It's a great character show. Great dialogue. Fantastic acting. Who doesn't like James Garner, right? And I've always loved that opening credit sequence -- the answering machine messages from back when almost no one had an answering machine, the theme music, etc. It was just fun.
Well, every time the Aeros play the Rockford IceHogs, I think of The Rockford Files. So to get everyone in the mood for this afternoon's game, and to hopefully wipe away the stink of Friday and last night, I thought I would play the opening sequence to the show. Only...
The complete sequence isn't available on the intertubes. But...
I found a version with just the answering machine message. So here's that.
And I found the theme music with stills. It's not the same. But beggars can't be choosers.
And who knows. Maybe the Aeros from the past two nights have been like Jim Rockford. He's had the crap beaten out of him. Everybody's given up on him. And suddenly he comes from nowhere to solve the case. So let's hope the Aeros have been pulling a Jim Rockford on us.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment