Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Fired for using the F-bomb ...

Mr. Tom Entwhistle? You sir are on notice.
Tom is the backup PA Announcer for the Aeros when Steve is too busy working Houston Dynamo games, going on vacation or is at home sick with bacterial throat infection. I did a quick search, and I could not find an instance where Tom was fired for anything for using the F-bomb 14 times in 15 minutes.

Tom, you need to do something to get famous like the backup announcer in Iowa did this week. Great read either way ...

--Aeroscribe

5 comments:

Fred Trask said...

I wanna hear the audio. Did he pull a Christian Bale?

If it's an isolated incident and a mistake that wasn't meant to be on the air I'd not fire him automatically from a 2nd job. It seems like they took a shotgun approach too.

John Royal said...

It's a good thing we're not miked during games like last Friday. Heather alone would get the whole press box banned for life.

Ms. Conduct said...

I think you must have been hearing the guy next to me. OMG. Every other word. I mean, if you're dropping so many f- and s-bombs that even *I* think you're over the top, it's time to rethink your vocabulary.

Fred Trask said...

Isn't the F word like saying "Um" in sports?

Ms. Conduct said...

I hope so. You should hear my Goalie Turrets. Oh man.