It takes some time for me to transcribe, so before I did that and wrote up a little game story, I thought I would post some photos from the game. I spent the first period down by the Lake Erie goal. And I hate that damn little hole they give the photogs to shoot through because if you're above three feet tall it's almost impossible to get a nice angle, so I found myself shooting the plastic a lot, which seems to dull the picture.
(Remember, I'm no Mr. Fred.)
Kassian comes on strong behind the net. I thought he had a strong, physical first period. He got banged up in the second, and though I saw him on the ice in the third, he appeared to be limping quite a bit after the game.

Colton Gillies was banging guys into the boards throughout the first period. This is just before one such play.

Jean-Michel Daoust skating past the goalie as his penalty shot goes into the net.

Matt Hackett talked after the game about having great vision all night and his guys keeping his view of the puck clear. I like the kind of mini-wall look of this photo. And when I was shooting, I thought I had it all leveled out when shooting down to the other end. I guess I've got to work on that.
Coach Yeo thought it was one of his team's better over-all games all year, but he didn't think they were at their best in the first, and he didn't think they started playing their best hockey until about midway through the second period.
2 comments:
You're no Fred - yet! Keep at it!
I agree with the comment about Hackett having great vision tonight. It was something that was missing from his game last Saturday.
Of course, he also had a great defense in front of him tonight which makde his job easier.
I think you're doing great with your new camera. It's sure nice to have photos again to accompany the written word. Thanks!!
Post a Comment