I write for more sites than I can keep up with, and my newest is Wild Nation, which is a site within Hockey Prime Time. Since my origins of writing about the Aeros began with writing prospect reports for Minnesota fans, that's what I'm going back to there, since it's an NHL-focused site.
Of course, I haven't really seen enough yet to say much, but I figure I'll write something now and see how right or wrong I end up as the season progresses. Feel free to point and laugh as I mostly get it wrong.
Anyway, here's the article.
----------------------------
And speaking of Hockey Prime Time, that's one of many places one of my favorite hockey bloggers, Justin Bourne, writes. If you're not reading his stuff, you're really missing out on an inside-the-game perspective that you just don't see anywhere else.
His personal blog links out to all his articles, but he's got a piece out today for The Hockey News that's his best yet. I had an impulse to stand up and applaud when I finished. I didn't do it though. That would have been a little insane.
---------------------------
Also, the Aeros announced today that off-season AHL signing Brian Kaufman was reassigned to the Gwinnett Gladiators in the ECHL, and Dylan Hunter was released from his tryout.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The TEXAS FACE OFF is on! Winning team (points) will choose charity to which loosing teams will contribute. The kind of award not decided yet. Sounds like FUN!
Not sure whether he was a fan favourite or anything but another Ex-Aero signing here:
Junior Lessard to Ilves Tampere (FNL)
That sucks, I liked Junior. He was a class guy, hard nosed player.
I'm glad for the cross-promotion. I enjoyed your Wild Nation articles, especially the postcard from Houston. Good Aeros impressions.
Thanks also for mentioning Justin Bourne again. I checked out his blog after you had previously recommended him and liked what I read, but for whatever reason, I didn't go back. I've got him bookmarked now, along with Wild Nation.
Apart from Junior Lessard few more ex-Aeros to spot on your European vacation. These guys have just recently signed:
Cory Larose (08-09 Worcester Sharks) SC Langenthal Switzerland
Steve Kelly (08-09 Syracuse Crunch) Olimpija Ljubljana Slovenia.
I guess Kelly will be living in lovely Ljubljana but will play his hockey in the Austrian league since Slovenia does not have their own league on a higher level. Austrian league is quite an interesting mix having teams from Austria, Croatia, Hungary and Slovenia.
Seems like I read that Kelly got hurt already and would be out a significant enough amount of time that he's finally looking at retiring. Wish I could find the link though... I think it was Lindsay Kramer, the Crunch writer, who posted about it a few days ago.
Ok, so I'm actually providing you with old info...
I couldn't find anything in English but the team website has the announcement "Steve Kelly konĨuje kariero" (Steve Kelly finishes his career) . He got injured against Saltzburg and needs an operation. Recovery would take long so they terminated the contract in mutual agreement. Might still make a comeback?
http://www.hddolimpija.com/
(article is on the front page, link to that is very long so not copying it here...)
Post a Comment