The bad news is that the Aeros have chosen not to provide our dear Fred with credentials this season. Which means, apart from other sources/circumstances, The Third Intermission will not have photos of the Aeros this season.
It's their hockey team and they can do what they want, but certainly, Fred is an important part of our twisted little family here at T3I and his hockey photography is magnificent, so frankly, it stinks and we're deeply disappointed. The universe of Aeros information is unquestionably left lacking with this decision.
The even worse news is that Fred's photos of critical moments in each game and the players you love will be replaced by stick figure drawings by yours truly. For instance, right now, this is how we feel:
I know what you're thinking: "These crappy stick figures sure will be a disappointment to loyal Aeros fans like me who have come to rely on Fred's amazing photos, not only to document games and seasons but also to help explain things that happened in games. This sucks."Exactly.
Fred will follow up in a bit with his own thoughts but we wanted to explain the situation first, as much as we can, as well as our plans for moving forward (albeit with a lot less color and charm).
We hope you'll still come visit. We'll still have the same written content (now with a bonus undercurrent of bitterness!) and have some fun here. Just not much in the way of stuff to look at. Unless you've got a particular affinity for bad stick figure drawings, in which case you're gonna LOVE this season at T3I, baby!
13 comments:
S...s, WTH..l,OMFG...
CHANGE (good or bad) is everywhere!
Oh dear, so sorry. your artwork (and photography at the supreme level like yours IS), Fred, will be sorely missed... maybe they'll change their mind, yet.
Afterall this country now IS all about change.
I love stick figures!
But I would prefer photos in this case.
I don't know whether an email "campaign" from the readers of this blog would do any good?
Where could one send complaints/threats to Aeros about starting to follow the Stars instead if this is not changed?
(...maybe email is not the best medium in this country?...)
omg!this is outrageous of the "new" aeros staff. :(
we should rally to start following the stars(texas) instead!
after all, most of us are starving for more beaudoin-hotness/news/pics/PICS!
& im sure they wouldnt mind extremely talented photographer/media attention ;)
I will miss Fred's work here more than I can put into words.
But I would like to publicly thank Heather for a) giving me more hair that I actually have b) making me WAY thinner than I actually am and c) making it appear that I am vomiting whatever I had for dinner.
You're such a peach ...
--Andrew
Fred - How about watching the games on AHLLive then drawing a stick figure drawing of the critical plays? It might help you develop a different set of artistic skills, not to mention stick it to Aeros management.
OK, maybe not.
Still, these new managers/executives aren't exactly winning us over.
These crappy stick figures sure will be a disappointment to loyal Aeros fans like me who have come to rely on Fred's amazing photos, not only to document games and seasons but also to help explain things that happened in games. This sucks.
You're welcome, Andrew. Luckily I doubt I'll draw us very much.
It's ashamed the Houston leadership group let's ego and personalities get in the way of good business. Dumb, no stupid move on their part. You would think that a tight wad organization like the Aeros who want everything for free would appreciate free exposure. Sounds like someone or some people inside the organization have it in for Fred.
This sucks. I was wondering where Fred was last night as I did not see him.
This sucks.
I hope that the new management reads T3I so they will know that they should work with not dismiss the people that have actually brought hockey fans (Aeros hockey fans) such joy. Dismissing someone like Fred is such a mistake and leads everyone to believe now that they could be gone just as quick. Where is the next axe going to strike ? The booster club?...will they be dimissed as well ? If that happens then we will know...They will be taking down the Aeros soon. Conspiracy Theory...New management here to dismantle and dissolve the Aeros.
I'm disappointed in Aeros management as well but whats new? The people responsible for this are an unfriendly and unavailable group. Other than patronizing comments or statements and the basic feeling that the fans are taken for granted what do you get from Aeros brass?
"Where is the next axe going to strike ? The booster club?...will they be dimissed as well ? If that happens then we will know...They will be taking down the Aeros soon. Conspiracy Theory...New management here to dismantle and dissolve the Aeros"
Oh, boy are we paranoid today, Anonymous. Be careful, Rumors have a tendency to multiply and get worse.
I can see only one way to prove to 'them up North' that is is worth their while to keep Aeros here.... all fans need go out an bring in more fans to FILL the TC to the rafters!
Money, after all, talks!!! Always.
And we do have so many HARD CORE hockey fans who follow the season closely.. not just NHL, AHL also the minor/minors :-), because that's where a) the new talent comes from, b) died-in-the-wool OLD talent can go for just a little while longer and impart their knowledge to the cubs of hockey (;-), and c) there are teams to go to when all else fails and one needs a hockey fix fast ;-)!(in TX alone multiple CHL).
So let us pray, make hope work towards that end!
Hockey is such an addictive game for any age and gender, LOL.
KEEP it going in Houston!
Post a Comment