Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

About The Aeros On The Radio

I'm sure many of you heard the announcement yesterday that the Aeros games are returning to 1070 KNTH this year. But for those of you who didn't read the fine print...

You will only get to hear 64 full games on the radio. Six games, including tonight's, will not be aired at all, and another 10, most of them which appear to be Sunday afternoon games, will be joined in progress at 5:00, which means sometime in the third period. The six games not being aired, are not being aired due to college football, but I'm not sure of what the excuse is for the Sunday games not being on the radio. For what it is worth, according to Chron.com and the KNTH website (not safe for sane people), there is no college football game on 1070 tonight, so I don't know why tonight's game is not on the radio.

However, as Joe O'Donnell mentioned, all games can be seen on AHL Live, and I'm sure if you try, you might be able to find the radio broadcast of the visiting team somewhere on the internets. For instance, if you don't want to pay the $6.99 for AHL Live tonight, you should be able to get the Manitoba broadcast by going here.

8 comments:

FinnAir said...

Thanks for the radio link!
Just in the for the Canadian national anthem!

John Royal said...

I'm glad I could help. I'm on Houston Cougar duty tonight, so I'm not watching or listening, but there was no reason everybody else should be deprived.

B2Bomber said...

Refreshing to hear a good announcer. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

And another year with Lunatic Fringe AM

Dave said...

KNTH did broadcast a football game Saturday night. I turned on KNTH and they were broadcasting the TCU-SMU game.

John Royal said...

Thanks, Dave. I didn't see it listed at the links I checked.

Josh said...

KNTH is a broadcast affiliate of TCU

John Royal said...

Thanks, Josh. I didn't see that anywhere. Chron.com didn't have it on their radio listings for tonight.

And maybe KNTH should actually do something to promote their sports programming. All you see on their website is stuff about the nutjob political programming -- hell, I saw stuff about Glenn Beck and he's not even on their station. But I saw nothing about the Aeros or about TCU.