Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Adios my friends!

As you now know, the Aeros organization has decided to not renew my media credentials for this season. This was not discussed with me in advance, and there is nothing that I can do about it.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys and all of the good folks over at the Aeros. I've made many, many friends in my 12 years as a season ticket holder, players, fans, front office staff, police officers, Toyota Center staff, and hockey fans around the country and the world.

Thanks for letting me share and grow my photography and to bring a little of the view through my lens to you here at T3I.

Who knows what the future will bring but keep tuned in to T3I for the best coverage in the land.

10 comments:

B2Bomber said...

Sorry to hear about this Fred. I think it's especially a downer that it wasn't discussed with you sooner than the week of the home opener. Your wonderful pictures will be missed.

Anonymous said...

uggh.i cant belive this.yikes.
maybe take a drive down to Cedar Park with your camera? *wink*
& snap a few pictures of our good old Beauds?

Jennifer Hammer said...

LAME. Did they give you any reason for their decision?

artandhockey said...

Right on, Anonymous and Aeros fan..we want Beaudoin pix! And I am unanimous in that(quote from 'Are you being served' for you youngster out there)!

Really, really bad, someone 'NEW' is not appreciative of photography as art, as I am.

And so from us (Better Half included) many, many thanks for the wonderful pictorial memories you gave us.

DO GO AHEAD PUBLISH THEM IN A BOOK.. (and I want to reserve at least two copies right now!

Anonymous said...

Do you think its because they want us to have to view/purchase photos at aerosphotos.com?

Very sad day finding out that we lose the talents of Mr. Fred.

Anonymous said...

Do you think its because they want us to have to view/purchase photos at aerosphotos.com?

I think we might have a partial winner here.

CatTrick said...

I think it was a bad decision and I'm disappointed that we won't have an opportunity to enjoy Fred's excellent photos this season. This blog and its readers - as well as the Aeros, IMO, have all been the beneficiaries of Fred's talent for capturing those great moments. To me, this is another example of the new management's underappreciation of fan loyalty, and it reflects poorly on them on the day of the long anticipated home opener!

TxHockeyMom said...

&%$#( *&%%$#$ **&^%*#@(% (&$

Joemoose said...

Fred, I for one will miss your photos. Reading the T3I recaps with your excellent action shots has been a decided pleasure.

I would speculate, like some of the previous commenters,that this ill-conceived, shortsighted decision was to force a monopoly on their own photo offerings.

If so, Fred, you might clue them in to the idea of bokeh, higher angles on the action, and longer, faster prime sports lenses. The "official" shots I've seen don't have that terrific narrow depth of field or good angles. Shooting everything with a hand-held medium zoom through the plexiglass down by the attack side of the goal leaves much to be desired. I hope the Aeros will rethink this mistake.

Thanks again for all your work and dedication. Here's to wishing you continued success with your photography!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what bokeh is but they could go a long way with photos that are simply straight and in the correct color.