Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Round One: Chabot Region 3 v 6

3 - Kassian tells the hoser to bring it already

6 - Schaefer at work

All photos by Fred Trask

Vote below for the best photo (and remember, we're trying to find the best photo... not just your favorite player):

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm all about the facial expressions and Fred does an amazing job of bringing the emotion to life through his lens.

70% of me wants to move to Houston so I can go see every Aeros home game! :)

CatTrick said...

MotleySu, you're right about Fred's talent and ability ... he's awesome.

I'm sure everyone here would be happy to have you in Houston ... if you don't want to move, you could commute? Call 713.974.PUCK for tickets! :)

FinnAir said...

"Kassian tells the hoser to bring it already"

From www.dictionary.com:

"hos⋅er  /ˈhoʊzər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hoh-zer]
–noun Canadian Slang. a person who is considered unintelligent or uncouth, esp. a beer-drinking man."

Now I'm confused, I don't drink beer myself but I always thought that beer-drinking would not be something that you would sneer at in these parts of the world?
Do you just ignore that last bit of the definition in Houston slang?

artandhockey said...

There is a story waiting to be told through Fred's photos.. that's what I look forward. Kassian's (one can hear the yell!) is frightening though he really is known as a 'kind and gentle man';-)!

Ms. Conduct said...

I think you over-analyze things Finn. :)

But no, beer's got nothing to do with hoser in my mind. hoser=loser

FinnAir said...

Yep I do. Lesson learned today: Houston slang is not the same as Canadian slang. I wonder why? :-)

"Hoser=loser", I get it now, it's like Cockney rhyming slang then?
Same as "Kassian tells the merchant banker to bring it already"?
Ok sorry, this changes everything, I'll be back when I have pre-interpreted everything that has been said here so far.

Ms. Conduct said...

Uncle.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm definitely showing up for a game or two this season. Mitch might no longer be there, but I will continue to be an Aeros fan. :)

artandhockey said...

MotleySue, Mitch will be here too -with Peoria.. so need for Love withdrawal symptoms ;-)