Statistically, the Aeros always start off the new year with a good result. Because they are 16 years into their existence, the Aeros have played 16 first January games.
With their New Year's Day win over Milwaukee Friday, the Aeros are now 10-5-0-0-1 in such games. Not too shabby. The Aeros have only played twice (ever) on Jan. 1, with both of those coming in the Kevin Constantine Era. They are now 1-1.
The most goals they have ever scored? Yesterday.
The worst game ever? Jan. 2, 2001, their last season in the IHL. The Orlando Solar Bears came to Compaq Center and left with an 8-1 win.
Anyway, Happy New Year, and here are some notes to get you through a hockey-less Saturday:
- The Aeros scored two goals in the first 62 seconds of periods Saturday, and one in the last minute of the first period. That just about always spellss victory for the Aeros.
- In his last 13 games, Jon DiSalvatore has 13 points (10 goals, three assists). Seven of his goals are on the power play, his specialty.
- JM Daoust has 28 points this year and has ALREADY tied his career high set last year in 58 games.
- The Aeros scored five goals Saturday on their first nine shots. Sifers and Falk were a plus-four before the game was half over.
- Barry Brust has always been good against the Admirals. He improved to 4-1-2 against them and has never allowed more than two goals in any start against Milwaukee. After Saturday's win, Brust has stopped 147 of the 157 shots the Admirals have thrown at him. That is good for a .936 saves percentage.
Happy New Year everyone. See you at the rink.