Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aeros On Television

I would have told all of you this awhile back, but I couldn't get anybody to go on the record, and I got in big trouble the last time I reported something like this without anybody going on the record (my source was someone who was supposed to be on the TV crew). Anyway, the Aeros finally announced that they will have five televised games this season -- part of a six-game television schedule featuring the trumped-up I-still-don't-give-a-damn-about-it Lonestar Faceoff.

Two of the games, Texas on February 27 and San Antonio on March 5 will be played in Houston. And the first three of the six games will not air on Fox Sports Houston -- you will have to have Fox Sports Plus for those (that includes the February 27 Aeros/Stars game and the March 3 Houston at San Antonio game).

So to those of you who were interested regarding television games, there you go.

1 comment:

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

I thought the last three games would be on FS Houston, with just the first two Aeros games on FS Plus.

By the way, according to the Aeros, you can't even have FS Plus unless you are a Comcast customer.

Dish Network? Negatory.
ATT Uverse? Nada poquito.
DirecTV? Um. Not this time.

But the last three games will be available on the real FS Network according to that press release they send out.

I realize that there are scheduling conflicts, but the FS Plus thing is a sham.