After Wednesday's 2-1 overtime win against San Antonio, the Aeros have two games before the Christmas break and they are going to do everything they can to make it a five-game winning streak heading into Christmas.
I like short-term goals, and Noreau (whose goal was an absolute beauty) said the Aeros need to start stringing together a few wins, and now is the perfect time to do it.
John will write more later about Wednesday game, but here are a few instant observations:
- The Aeros looked a bit sluggish to start, but hey, they played their fourth game in less than a week.
- Dubielewicz didn't allow any goals as the Aeros were outshot 11-10 in the first 20 minutes.
- The Aeros out-shot the Rampage 26-13 in the next 40 minutes.
- Colton Gillies scored his first goal since opening night.
- Jon Disalvatore and Justin Falk did a great job of getting the puck to Nathan Smith, who then fed a wide-open Gillies for the east 1-0 lead.
- Josh Tordjman played his best game of the year against the Aeros Wednesday night.
- Jeff Smith is way too predictable.
- Someone needs to tell Jeff Smith that he is way too predictable.
- Jeff Smith is one of the luckiest men alive.