Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Missing the big tuna ...

Ever had one of those days when you just need a good laugh ... and you get one?

I just got one.
Pardon the random-ness here, but this is a clip from a feature on Jon Awe you can find here.
Decent read, but this is the best part by far:

"Formerly known as “The Big Cat”, Awe is now known in South Korea as “The Big Tuna” due to a translation error by the Korean media."

*** All I know, if someone ends up with any nickname involving tuna because of me, my ass is pummeled the next time I go in the locker room. And the boys will probably use that chewing-gum concoction thingy that scares the living daylights out of me for reasons I will NOT get in to right now.

--ajf

3 comments:

B2Bomber said...

That's freakin' hilarious! I'm glad he's doing well.

artandhockey said...

AWE some... Merry, Merry, ye all.
Hope YOUR x-mas will be extra special!

Forecheck said...

How do you mess up "cat" and "tuna" in a translation? The English words aren't similar?

Word verification "donts", as in - "Donts make errors when translating."