Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Special Occasion

Wow, what a night! What a fun game!

What? They lost? Oh.

But... Barry played! Wasn't that awesome?

I literally had to turn the T3I twitter responsibilities over to John because my mind ceased to function once that second goal went in and I saw Brusty gathering his gear to go relieve Khudobin. F**king FINALLY!

It was 100% "get off press row before you cheer inappropriately" the rest of the game. So, even though I was tottering around on 3" stilettos with a jacked up knee, I spent the rest of the game standing (pacing) in the corner down by the net.

And boy was I treated to a show. The Aeros frankly stunk in the first and still kinda stunk defensively in the second, letting several breakaways get down into the Aeros zone. He stopped all of them, one with a big, ballsy poke check that required me to hold on to the railing. :)

And in the third, when San Antonio's Lessard jammed himself into the protective scrum of Aeros in front of Brusty after a whistle, and he took offense and jammed his blocker in Lessard's face, and Lessard took offense to that and started jawing at Brusty as he skated around the back of the net and toward the bench, and Brusty started jawing back... that was great. Man, I've missed that edge in the net.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the glass there, but here's my stab at how it went, in classic stick figure form:


Anyway, in spite of the fluky bounce off the boards that set up the game winner, Brusty shook that off and played superbly and kept the team in it breakaway after stupid, fumbling breakaway.

I know why they played Khudobin tonight (or tried to, anyway). He hasn't played in a long while and he's still the #1 goalie in Houston, so it was his start. But knowing how San Antonio games tend to be... crazy, nasty, chippy... I think Brusty was the right goalie to be playing that game. Unlike most goalies, he always seems to be more in his element when things get a little out of control.

-------------------------

I can't wrap up without mentioning the Miss Aeros bikini contest. I won't say that whole affair doesn't gets my feminist hackles up a little bit, but frankly, I'm sure there's plenty I do and say that real feminists would like to thump me on the head for.

So, I get it. You're hot and like attention for being hot. I write pretty well and I like attention for that, so I really do get it. Flaunt your ass-ets.

However, if I could suggest classing up the spectacle a bit by telling the girls what their question will be before they go out so they can have a good answer lined up? I mean, I know they weren't tough questions, but most of the answers were empty-headed enough to get me cringing on top of cringing.

"What do you like about hockey?"

"I personally believe, that U.S. Americans,
are unable to do so,
because uh,
some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps."

(Don't get it? Click here)

But since they were stick figures themselves, I couldn't resist giving y'all a two-fer tonight, because surely we'd have posted some glorious pics from Fred of the lovely ladies. I even gave them boobs. You're welcome.

Anywayyyyy, I know that was a tough game to watch, but I'm going to bed happy. See you on Monday where hopefully the boys have gotten the turkey and rust/rest out of their systems.

4 comments:

Sunshine36616 said...

Great recap of the game, it was almost like being there! I love any time a goalie has to give someone a little "attitude adjustment." Love the stick figures, too.

Forecheck said...

I'm not sure that even giving them (the bikini contestants) significant research and library time would help much, if you know what I mean. You would probably get the exact same answer if you asked them about geothermal nuclear proliferation.

Forecheck said...

BTW - regarding Brusty and Lessard - the blocker to the face couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

artandhockey said...

I envy you...the closeups-no, not of the stick gals, but...
ah wish I only had that kinda chance last year...