Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My one overriding thought in this game....


(Okay, not you readers. And not Brusty. And not John and Andrew. But everyone else.)

Alright, fine, I thought other stuff.

Interesting to see Noreau get a goal in close like that. Seriously, when's the last time you saw him score from anywhere but the high slot or point? Not that there's anything wrong with that. He's the 9th highest scoring defenseman in the league (and tied with about 7 other guys for 2nd in goals scored). Just neat to see him show a flash of sniper. Thought he had a pretty good game all the way around actually.

Dubielewicz had a fantastic game. If the circumstances were different, I might warm to him. But alas, circumstances are what they are. *brrrrrr* Still, props for making some really tremendous saves tonight. One that probably SHOULD be the drawing buuuut you get what you pay for.

BTW, I missed the first half of the first period because I was having dinner before the game and friggin' George and Barbara Bush roll in to the restaurant. You can't just leave when you start seeing secret service agents, dark suits and pigtail earpieces and all, rolling into a joint like El Rey on Washington Ave.

I'm gonna go wallow in emo misery now. See you Friday.

4 comments:

ICEVET said...

Yes, Dubbie played his BEST game as an Aero, improving as the game progressed.

Mikkel Boedker's goal (Watkins feed on a back-of-the-net turnover) was point-blank, partially-screened and a low-save probability by any AHL netminder. Two near-breakaways by Hoggan and Kolarik were also strongly rejected by Dubbie.

Dubbie's consistent play over the past month has gone far to restore his confidence and built an Aeros dual-netminder "juggernaut", which could help the Aeros become the top AHL 2009-10 defensive club (Penalty Kill, Goals Against, Shots Against).

Of course, this would all be meaningless unless Aeros reach the Playoffs.

Go Aeros!

Ms. Conduct said...

Yep, I agree with all of that. In fact, in spite of my biases, I distinctly recall saying, "Oh, that's not a bad goal" when Boedker scored.

Anonymous said...

Gotta Feel better: Earl and Clutterbuck scored....

Ms. Conduct said...

Oh, I feel better cuz I got rip roaring drunk when I got home. Plus, my god, I couldn't stay THAT upset for too long or I'd have to be institutionalized.

Meanwhile, yeah, great night for the kids. And Stoner, once he settled in, was terrific! So proud of him and happy for him. This is a loooong overdue opportunity for him.