Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Syracuse Crunch to *host* first-ever AHL game played outdoors

The AHL announced today that the Syracuse Crunch will host the Binghamton Sentators in the league's first-ever AHL outdoor game on Feb. 20, 2010, at New York State Fairgrounds.

This is something the league hopes will turn into an annual event, although they have not returned my call about when the Aeros would be able to host the event.

For those that want to be a part of history, here is how you can:

"Tickets for the Mirabito Outdoor Classic can be purchased starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25 by calling the Crunch office at (315) 473- 4444, calling TicketMaster at 1-800-745-3000 or by stopping by the Oncenter Box Office, located on the State Street Side of the War Memorial."


7 comments:

Forecheck said...

Wow!! Look at the size of that rink! I bet they could get 11 guys a side skating on it, easy.

CatTrick said...

Is the headline supposed to read "Syracuse Crunch to LOSE ... " or "Syracuse Crunch to HOST ... " ? Wondering if you have "ways" to predict outcomes of future games ...

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that.

I meant to type "host" but I kind of laughed when I noticed I had done that.

I will change it back, so the league won't take any MORE votes away from my "media person of the year campaign."

CatTrick said...

LOL Andrew ... I was kind of hoping we could have gotten together to create some type of sports betting or Lotto conspiracy!!!

artandhockey said...

Very interesting, Andrew, but on November 13 I posted on that 'event to be' already!

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

Right ...I just made a deal out of it here because it is official, and the folks in Syracuse are very excited about saving their economy.

Anonymous said...

Is leauge French?