Honestly, AHL Live was jacked up so I saw about 4 minutes of the game total and that was in 15 second bursts. So let's do something different and look at this game by the numbers:
- 6 - Career shutouts for Anton Khudobin
- 91 - Penalty minutes in this game
- 1st - Aeros penalty kill ranking across the league
- 24th - Aeros power play ranking across the league
- 11 - Fighting majors + Roughing penalties tonight
- 1 - Emergency back-up goalie, Michael Ouzas (Matt Hackett has been called away on family matters)
- 2 - Potential concussions. Spurgeon was hit nastily from behind at the end of the second period by Derek Meech. He returned to the game was is okay as far as we know, but Meech got 5 minutes and a game misconduct for checking from behind. Then Joel Broda got a boarding penalty. Not actually sure if there was a brain-collision there but they don't usually give boarding penalties for shoulder ouchies.
- 3 - Points for Noreau (2 g, 1 a) as well as for DiSalvatore (1 g, 2 a)
- 3 - Games in Aeros current win streak
- 4 - Number of teams in the West Division tied at 21 points (including the Aeros, who are at the bottom with a 0.583 win percentage)
- 4 - Number of goals Spurgeon was on the ice for, even though he only got one point. Shame 3 of them were PP goals or he'd have a whopping +4.
- #19 - Palmer leads the team in scoring and +/- with 11 points and a +7. He also ranks 15th in the league in rookie scoring.
- 6 - Number of points Noreau has in the last 3 games.
- 1 - Assists for Brusty vs. Hershey tonight. Just saying.
Back at it tomorrow night against Chicago. We'll keep you posted on the goalie situation as we know more. Khudobin CAN play 3 days in a row but it's certainly not ideal.