Oh what a fun time this is to be a hockey fan. I wish there was less to worry about and more to look forward to, but that is a different story for a different day ...
Tonight, the Aeros continue their homestand with the first of three games this weekend. The San Antonio Rampage visit for the first of their last three visits to Toyota Center. Lately, the Rampage have gotten the better of play against the Aeros, but both rosters have changed so much since the last time these two teams met, it's hard to say what to expect.
Both teams are coming off simultaneous ass-kickings from Tuesday night. So both better be ready to counter the other one's response.
The Aeros have slipped from fifth to seventh during their four game winless streak and for the first time since January, they're in danger of being on the wrong side of the playoff picture.
With two big injuries in Minnesota to Matt Cullen and Dany Heatley, the Aeros lost Mikael Granlund to recall, and Johan Larsson and Matt Hackett were traded to Buffalo. That means that Darcy Kuemper was recalled, too leaving newly-acquired Jeff Deslauriers and Cody Reichard to man the pipes.
I hate to say it, but I don't like the Aeros chances tonight. They have to find a way to win two of the next three against the Rampage, Chicago and Hamilton. Two of those teams are not going to the playoffs and have to be treated as must-wins.
After the 3-2 loss to Grand Rapids last Friday, Aeros head coach John Torchetti did quite a bit of screaming. He said he did none of that after Tuesday's beatdown, but admitted he thought the team played poorly because maybe some of them were jealous that Larsson got called up.
That statement troubles me to no end, and I have to say ... I hope the great veterans the Aeros have left can lead the Aeros out of this mess.
We shall see.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I expect that the Aeros will get their butt kicked 6-2. When you start a goalie wearing a white mask you know you are in trouble.
Thank God for Zucker. I knew we'd be smoked if the game went to a shoot out. I guess one could say Rau was using his head on the the first goal. Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.
Maybe since I seem to be on a cold streak prediction-wise I should go ahead and predict the Aeros aren't renewing their lease?
Post a Comment