Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Game 80 Photos

I took some photos, of course, but instead of game action, I've got some other items. For instance, here's one of the team fans with her sign, at the glass after the game.


This photo below is one of my favorites. I just wish it wasn't through the glass. But I think the whole arena could see Jed Ortmeyer's smile after this goal. We asked after the game, and he noted that this was part of a joke that he had with Patrick O'Sullivan. Primarily, whenever's he on a line with O'Sullivan, he gets a goal.


And here is Robbie Earl. I think we've written nice things about Robbie this season, but I don't think we've said enough about just how good he's been this year, and how much he's elevated his game. I can't believe some of the defensive plays -- when he stole a puck off another guy's puck -- I saw him make in the third period.


Here's number two star Chad Rau bumping fists with Chilly.


And here's the game's number one star, Warren Peters, getting his moment in the spotlight after the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of last night's game was when Palmer was ready and willing to duke it out with one of the Barons and then Kass just calmly stepped in and everything came to a quick stop, no punches thrown. Nice to have the big guy back.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone see Hackett's save in the 3rd period where he was laying on his stomach and lifted a leg just enough to rob a certain goal? One of the best saves I've seen him make and yet there was almost no reaction to it.

Ms. Conduct said...

That may have been the one that I said, "OMG that was a HUGE save" and then thought, "Wait, it's 5-2..." I don't recall much reaction to that one but damn, that was a sure goal and a great save. When Hack's in the zone and the boys are clearing the rebounds well, they can really get some business done.