Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Changes

So, the Aeros have so many players coming and going these days that I'm pretty sure the equipment guy deserves a raise for keeping up with all of it, much less doing it on the road.

I'll just run through the ups and downs real quick:

  • Bryce Lampman has left for a team in Germany. 
  • Jared Spurgeon is back from Minnesota (Scandella stays up for now since he's getting quality ice time).
  • The Aeros have called up Pascal Morency from Bakersfield. My pal Justin Bourne, who played with Morency, wrote this about him (about halfway down the article). I actually like this call-up on paper. He sounds like one of those high energy, irritating, all-team, all-heart kinda guys (think Mitch Love except without necessarily winning all his fights) and I like having a guy like that around. Not sure if it's just an injury call-up or a genuine try-out to fill a role. I'd like to think it's the latter.
  • The two CHL guys who were called up for the San Antonio game are back with their team.
  • Finally, everybody's favorite frequent flier, Brock McBride is back with a professional tryout.

I think that's everything... let's say "as of press time."

The boys play in Milwaukee tonight at 7 p.m.

9 comments:

Chris Jerina said...

I am disappointed in the lack of a Bowie music video in this article.

At least I'll have photos from tonight to make up for that disappointment. :D

Ms. Conduct said...

Woohoo! Pictures!

Anonymous said...

I wish they would just sign Brock McBride and let him stay!!!

CatTrick said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad Spurgeon is back ... he's been someone I loved watching and I'm looking forward to seeing him out on the ice again. Also happy to hear McBride has returned but sorry to see Lampman go. Hope Morency is a good addition ... could be just what the Aeros need to keep things interesting.

Forecheck said...

Well, this team definitely needs a re-tune to get into the playoffs even without injuries and call-ups. Don't think we will really get one as long as we suffer under Minny - the last one we got mid-season was in 1999. But hopefully this will fill some holes and maybe some chemistry will emerge.

Scandella - Wave bye bye to him.

McBride - Needs to stay.

Morency - Sounds like maybe another Krys Barch. About all Barch does any more is fight early in the first period. I don't know what Crawford sees in Barch, but then again I don't understand what Niewy sees in Crawford, either.

artandhockey said...

Good for Mc Bride, he's a spunky guy for his size!

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to see McBride is back. Glad to have Spurgeon too, but hope he gets another stint up north this season. I wonder if we'll see Scandella again. He seems to be thriving up there. The TV commentators were making lots of positive comments about him the other night. Sure hope we can get a win tonight.

B2Bomber said...

I think we've seen the last of Scandella unless we get in a playoff run and the Wild feel generous enough to send some reinforcements. (They didn't the last time.) I, also, am glad McBride is back. I'm also interested in seeing this Morency play. He does remind one a lot of Mitch Love the way he went after it in the video link. Mitch, by the way, is playing in Shreveport for the Mudbugs, if you didn't know.
Let's hope for a win tonight.

Forecheck said...

@B2 - The Wild? Generous? Surely you jest.