Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Meet your 2010-11 Aeros: Warren Peters

Warren Peters 
Center/Senator

Born: 7/10/1982 (28)
Saskatoon, SK
6'0" - 201

Shoots: Left

During the skills competition, I misheard Joe O'Donnell over the speakers when he introduced Peters. I heard "Senator Warren Peters." Andrew corrected me. "Center." Oh. Right. Of course.

Alas, I still call him "The Senator" in my head. Senator Peters mopped up the floor with that guy. Senator Peters vetoed that scoring attempt. Great, isn't it?

Anyway, Senator Peters comes to the Aeros from the Texas Stars, and may I just take a moment to commend Mr. Mill for signing him for 2 years? I still feel like one of the harbingers of doom last season was the number of guys who were set to be UFAs on July 1. Two years says, You've proven yourself and we believe in you and we want you to help us build something. Or, given the small salary budget, maybe it says, We'll give you 2 years if you'll take less money. Whatever. I still like it.

Peters is what I call a "glue guy." Gritty, plays with an edge, and has decent skill with the puck. He was the captain of the Quad Cities team a few years back, so he's got some leadership cred and a veteran who's been around this league, been up in a show a few times, and knows how to be a professional.

He's coming off a career year with Texas, but I don't know that I would expect 20 goals from him every season. If he can bring those other intangibles and create some chances and play a good defensive game, he'll be golden.

(And yes, I know the picture is from a video game.)

No comments: