Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update on Danny Irmen

This is a pretty good read on what is new (or not new) with Danny Irmen. At the moment, Danny (the one in this great photo by Fred) is still out of contract and looking for an NHL deal.

I'm not quite sure if it is too late for him to try something in Europe, but something is bound to happen for him.

The Wild organization cut ties after last season. The team was not at all interested in bringing him back. Danny played four full years for the Aeros and spent a little time here in 05-06. He is one of those guys we'll miss because of his personality and sense of humor. Unfortunately, after his first full season here, he never did improve on that decent 37-point season.

He loves his Minnesota teams, and there were SEVERAL times when I would wear my Packers jacket to the game just to see what comments he would throw my way. I wish he and his wife and the new little one the best, and I hope we'll get to see him come to Toyota Center as an opponent down the line.

I have a new Packers hat, after all.

4 comments:

Forecheck said...

Yes, best of luck to Danny in the future!

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

FinnEeeerr said...

Thanks for the update!

josh said...

thats not him in the photo thats kolanos. But wish danny all the best.

Josh said...

Better photo I will miss him too