Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, May 3, 2013

The Aeros need to win tonight ... or it's over. Forever, over.

It's simple really.

Play desperate. Play for your season, play for your fans, especially for those of us
who are not ready to say goodbye.

Just win, baby.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't sold the farm yet. I still have a glimmer of hope that we'll be back in the Toyota Center - this season.
Go Aeros.

Forecheck said...

@Anon -

I hope you're right, if not it will be a very long time before I am in the Toyota Center again, for anything.

The only other team on the move appears to be Peoria, and they are frankly out of time. One more season in Peoria, then on to Seattle for them I think (since the new arena will not be built, the Yotes aren't going there).

It will be a very long time before there is pro hockey in Houston again, I'm afraid. As in Alexander selling the Rockets long. Unless he buys a team and moves it here, in which case I will be inclined to not support it at all.

Get ready for a stretch of years of Hockey Hell in Houston, much to the delight of the press and many Houstonians. Frankly, I've never seen a city where so many people are not just indifferent to hockey but are actually hostile to the sport.

See you in Austin in October.

Ace of Hearts said...

I have wanted to post more often than I have especially when the tombstone first appeared on this blog. However, emotions have made it hard to come up with the right words.

My mom and I have been Aeros fans for years. It still seems surreal that this tragedy is actually happening. The games have meant so much to us, especially as stress relief from stressful jobs and life situations (such as cancer etc.).

If the Aeros really want it to continue in the playoffs, they will find a way to win. Stranger things have happened. I cannot help but hold onto hope that there will be at least another round of hockey for the Houston Aeros. All I can say to the players is to please win for the fans, but most of all win for yourselves. Do not give up. You are a great road team! Play like your life depends on it because, in a way, it does. Extend the life of the Houston Aeros. Go Aeros!

Anonymous said...

I basically hate Les but if he brought another team in I'd forgive but not forget. Aeros forever!

Forecheck said...

I don't think I trust him enough to want to do business with him. My thought would be "how is he going to screw me now?"

Anonymous said...

how about them Aeros - we live for game five.

as much as I love hockey, my dislike and/or distrust of Les Alexander is greater.

I cannot express the satisfaction I would have for another team to come in here and his beloved rockets go down the tubes.

i'm not vindictive i just don't forget.

go aeros one more time