Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, May 10, 2013

One Last Good-Bye?


I was going to have some final thoughts for you today, but I am delaying those until next week.
The Aeros scheduled a good-bye party for fans, and I want to attend that and take some pictures.
One of the best things, if not THE best thing about working with the team was the people I met along the way.

19 years is a long time to do anything, and I will miss going to the rink to see them play.

Below is an original post by John that I updated with a video that came out shortly thereafter.
Hope to see you at the party tomorrow night!

Andrew

There have been some comments regarding whether there would be some kind of goodbye gathering for the team. According to Joe O'Donnell, there will be a party at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon at the Maple Leaf Pub. I'm not sure what the team turnout will be like, but this might be one last chance to see some of your hockey friends and say goodbye. And according to Joe, there will be food.

So come on down and say goodbye if you get the chance.

The team together the video below after the players' exit interviews. Very well done, Aeros, and I am glad I was able to get through it without a box of tissues.

Defenseman Steven Kampfer, "You guys are awesome, and we hope to have hockey back in Houston soon."


2 comments:

B2 said...

Not going to be able to make it as much as I'd like to. I've come down with some kind and feel like $*!7. Hope there's a good turnout.

Ace of Hearts said...

I was hoping someone would post pictures and/or write about the farewell party. I had to work that weekend so was unable to attend. How did it go? Were there any Aeros players there?