The Houston Aeros and Texas Stars will be playing tonight at 7:35 at Toyota Center. The road conditions are such, however, that some of you might not be able to make tonight's game. So if that's case, the Aeros have announced the following:
If you cannot make tonight's game, and you have a ticket, you may exchange that unusued ticket on a ticket for a game on either February 27, March 6, March 19, or April 10. The tickets can only be exchanged by contacting the Aeros, starting on Monday at 1:00 p.m., by calling 713-974-7825.
Also, the postgame autograph session that was scheduled for season ticket holders has been postponed until the game on February 27.
One further thing. I'm sure that many of you are unhappy that they're playing tonight because of the road conditions. But I've worked many sporting events in my life -- most in Houston -- and the games have gone in much, much, worse conditions than those today. I have driven to the Astrodome for baseball games when most of the area surrounding the Dome was under water due to flooding from tropical storms. I remember working a Oilers game on a night after snow shut the city down, large portions of the city were without power and water, and lots of the major roadways were not driveable. I have also attended Rockets games during ice storms. So compared to that, conditions are rather mild.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FYI -
The freeways are largely dry and clear, as are the main surface streets. I just had my easiest afternoon commute from work ever.
Of course, use your own best judgement as always.
Post a Comment