The first time I attended one, an Aeros game in San Antonio two seasons ago, I thought it was a dumb idea. But the animals were well-behaved and it really did bring out a few fans that had never been to a game before. As to how many of those would come back sans their "best friend," I don't know.
But what can it hurt? The Sunday games are on the lower end of the attendance chart, and the building can more than accommodate. Fox 26 News did a piece in advance of this event recently. Here is the clip from that.
My friend Megan, with whom I have worked for the last five years, has never been to an Aeros game. She went to Amerks games in Rochester all the time as a teenager, but is too busy to make the trip over. She also lives far north of the city, and enjoys spending her free time with the dogs.
I sent her a link about bringing her dog to the game, and she already has a ticket ... that is a win for the Aeros, and that is a win for the rest of us who want as many people as possible to enjoy the game of hockey.
No comments:
Post a Comment