And then Rosa's goal:
And finally, General Constantine, his chops, and his charges:
- Here's the Chronicle write-up, with some quotes from KC and the boys. They sound really ready to come home, understandably.
- And here's the Winnipeg Freep's write-up. Tell me you don't cringe at him calling Schaefer "trivia fodder." Ouch.
- And here's the Winnipeg Sun
6 comments:
More great shots Chris. Looks like Marco was getting that goal just for you. :)
Man I'd love to be able to shoot through glass that clear. Your choices of angles goes way up.
Thanks for the great photos and bringing the road games to us.
And regarding the trivia fodder comment. Lawless is a great hockey writer, but I think he might be crowning "Hodgson the great" a little too soon.
It's not like the Vancouver Canucks are famous for growing talent into good playoff teams or anything. And we know a lot of *cough* first rounders that just look oh so great in juniors.
Also, these are just fantastic pictures.
Chris, thanks for EVERYTHING!
Chris, thanks for the photos, they let us believe we were there, but better yet, since only a few of us sit behind the Aeros bench!
Fred, I gotta agree on the glass. If only these were from Milwaukee! :D
Andrew, you wouldn't believe the crowd reaction to Hodgson! The first time he touched the puck in Game 1, a hush came over the entire arena. When he scored in Game 2, it was the loudest the crowd was the entire game.
BTB, glad you enjoyed them. TBH, the seats sucked as the players stood the entire game (glad to know they were into it tho), so we were never able to see the other goal from our seats. Made for a nice pic of General Constantine though!
Glad I had the opportunity to take the pics. It was an enjoyable weekend, probably enhanced by the fact that the games really didnt matter to me (obviously pulling for the Aeros, but not with the same knowledge level I have of the Ads). Also, thank Ms. C, she pulled the strings to give me the opportunity to shoot! (No cameras allowed in the arena w/o media passes)
I typed up a summary of the weekend, hopefully I can pull it from my laptop and ask Ms. C to post it tomorrow for you guys to read (and hopefully enjoy!)
Well, we appreciate you taking the time to share your photos with us and go to the hassle around all that. Props to Aeros PR, and presumably Manitoba PR, for making it happen.
Feels like watching from the moon to watch the games on AHL Live, and the photos bring the game back down to Earth, I think.
Hodgson is a big shot here because he can live up to his potential (and so far he has). However, as a Moose fan, I can tell you the reason we're cheesed about him being here is the fact that this is about the only chance we'll see him wearing Moose gear. Chances are we'll never see him again and we like to soak it up. Real Moose fans (not the ones who keep expecting the NHL to be back tomorrow *roll*) have a high appreciation for the highly touted junior players/draftees since we know we're getting to see them now without mortgaging our homes.
Post a Comment