Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Slaughterhouse 4-1

Can you believe these Aeros? I really can't. Personally, I'm sorta holding my breath until they get past Peoria this weekend, which is a much better test than Rockford or Texas. I'm still not 100% sure where to set my expectations for this team.

Someone asked me the other day if they are overachieving or just finally playing to their level and I didn't know how to answer. I think there's a bit of both going on. A perfect storm of confidence and chemistry and skill and hard work. Sometimes it seems so tricky to make all that happen, that even if each guy is playing up to his potential, it still might not work out this well.

I dunno. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, though, right?

Anyway, here are pics from last night, courtesy of Chris "Dollar Hot Dog" Jerina, who is playing with some new lenses in anticipation of shooting the Aeros at the Xcel on Sunday. Should have some good stuff for you and I'll be tweeting the game live and in person from St. Paul.

JM Daoust and the boys have their whoop-ass faces on as they head to the ice.
Bohmbach is a bad goalie. Prosser had a great 2 point night.
A peek inside the Rockford arena. Cozy barn.
Sal's lucky. If I were the goalie, my stick wouldn't be on the ice.
Gillies shows off his pretty chicklets.
The amazing O'Sullivan being amazing
GOAL
Yay! Happy boys!

Okay, that's enough. You can see the rest by clicking here. Thank you again, Chris!!

7 comments:

artandhockey said...

Great pics.. also like the one of Anton, He looks puffed up with pride for his winning team;-). Thanks Chris J.

Forecheck said...

I agree with you Ms.... Peoria will be the test. Rockford and Texas are kinda week right now.

I'd say they are overachieving, but that's what great coaches get their guys to do.

Andrew J. Ferraro said...

Oh my God, I cannot believe she did it again. Heather is already guilty of sending Jarrod Palmer into the worst scoring slump of his career. After that, the last time she contemplated the chemistry of the Aeros, they lost four in a row from Dec. 15-21. Now, she again asks if they are for real.

Man, you can take it to the bank. Aeros get swept this weekend against Peoria.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, bite your tongue!! The guys do seem to be on a roll and I'll bet most fans are just holding their breath. If they get through this weekend with at least one win over Peoria, I'll give a sigh of relief.

Chris, the pics are wonderful! Thanks so much.

Ms. Conduct said...

Oh Andrew's being a drama queen. I'm just saying what everybody's thinking (or should be thinking). The hockey gods have already had their piece of me this week. The boys are making their own destiny.

SLB at PHN said...

Allen vs Khudobin tonight in Peoria.
Teams just skated on for warmups.

SLB at PHN said...

Also, this is for Joh and the other guys...

http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/publish/ahl/Peoria_Ice_Girls_-_Hockey_game_turns_into_party.shtml